(By Leanne Ridgeway, Owner/Chief Editor, RiffRelevant.com)
This started as just an update of tour info and confirmed dates for Mos Generator. Then I had a nice chat with Tony Reed, and a simple update turned into a sensory overload. SO MUCH NEWS, I may have even squeaked. As a Mos Generator appreciator for many years, what can I say? Mister Reed has that effect on me…
If you’re new to the name Mos Generator, you should pay attention now. They’re not new to the heavy rock world. In fact, they’ve been around for about 17 years. Yes, seventeen. Based out of Port Orchard, WA, with a few member changes we won’t go into – the ever-present Tony Reed (guitar, multi Instrumentalist), with Sean Booth (bass) and Jono Garrett (drums) are rather busy gentlemen these days.
I’m told the upcoming new release – entitled ‘Shadowlands‘ – is completely written, and about two-thirds of the way recorded. With an estimated release date in March/April 2018, ‘Shadowlands‘ is planned to be their last release with the Listenable Records label.
Tony gave me a sneak peek at the cover art (This was where I squeaked. The artwork is breathtaking.) and it’s done by one of my favorite artists, Adam Burke of Nightjar Illustration. ‘Shadowlands‘ will be Mos Generator‘s fourth release with album art by Burke and it may surpass all previous, in my opinion. I’ll be trying to find the original to hang on my wall, if I’m lucky enough.
In the meantime, if you haven’t heard Mos Generator‘s most recent full-length, ‘Abyssinia’, it is its own work of aural art. It was my top album for 2016 (coincidentally released on my birthday), and it’s streaming in full below.
Mos Generator now has their entire full-length 12″ vinyl release discography available via their HeavyHeadSuperStore, along with other formats and goodies. All are free shipping as of this moment, so scoop something up to help fund more Mos Gen tours!
The list also includes the rereleased (in July) ‘Nomads‘ (2012) 2017 Re-Issue with updated cover art and remastering, and ‘Songs for Future Gods’ (2007) 2017 Re-Issue with updated cover art with ‘super geek’ liner notes and a remaster.
Mos Generator – Full Length 12″ Discography
- 01. Self Titled – 2002
02. The Late Great Planet Earth – 2005
03. Songs For Future Gods – 2007
04. Nomads – 2012
05. Electric Mountain Majesty – 2014
06. Live In Concert – 2014
07. Abyssinia – 2016
08. The Firmament – 2016
09. Lies Of Liberty – 2017
Mos Generator and Tony Reed (of HeavyHead Recording Company, too) keep releasing and releasing and releasing new material, as well as recording older material they never before released. Most recently, they’ve offered, for a free digital download on Bandcamp, their performance of the Kiss song ‘She‘, recorded live at Winterland in Bremerton, Washington on June 23rd, 2007.
Mos Generator – September Tour Dates:
European tour Saint Vitus / Mos Generator – Tour Dates:
- 01.10.2017 UK – London, Underworld (w/ Poseidon)
- 02.10.2017 UK – Coventry, Phoenix
- 03.10.2017 UK – Glasgow, Audio
- 04.10.2017 UK – Manchester, Rebellion
- 05.10.2017 UK – Bristol, Exchange
- 06.10.2017 GR – Athens, Lera Odos, Desertfest
- 07.10.2017 CH – Pratteln, Z7, Up in Smoke Festival 2017 *(*NO Mos Generator)
- 09.10.2017 A – Vienna, Viper Room
- 10.10.2017 I – Bologna, Freakout Club
- 11.10.2017 I – Roma, Traffic Live
- 12.10.2017 I – Mezaggo, Bloom
- 14.10.2017 FIN – Helsinki, Korjaamo Blowup Vol. 3* (*NO Mos Generator)
- 15.10.2017 B – Antwerp, Trix, Desertfest 2017
- 16.10.2017 GER – Dortmund, Junkyard Club
- 17.10.2017 GER – Frankfurt, Zoom
- 18.10.2017 GER – Nürnberg, Zentralcafe
- 19.10.2017 GER – Chemnitz, Talschock
- 20.10.2017 NL – Leeuwarden, Neushoorn, Into The Void Festival
- 21.10.2017 GER – Hannover, Glocksee
- 22.10.2017 GER – Munich, Feierwerk, Keep it Low Festival
- 23.10.2017 GER – Berlin, Lido
There are two more weeks being booked with Mos Generator headlining, we’ll have more details as soon as we have the confirmed dates!