For general questions, please use our CONTACT form.
Email: news[at]riffrelevant.com for all press releases or music submission. (Submission details below.)
Mailing Address: Riff Relevant c/o L. Ridgeway, P.O. Box 786, Albany, NY 12201-0786 U.S.A.
Riff Relevant Team
Staff Writers & Contributors: Staff Page
- Pat ‘Riot’ Whitaker, Senior Writer – view articles
- Brian Halsey, Staff Writer – view articles
- Kira Schlecter, Staff Writer – view articles
- Kaleb Alexander, Staff Writer – view articles
- David ‘Sunshine’ LaMay, Staff Writer – view articles
- Taylor D. Waring, Staff Writer – view articles
- Santiago Gutierrez, Staff Writer – view articles
- Brett Schacht, Staff Writer – view articles
All heavy music artists, labels, PR, or others are welcome to send music or news to the site. Please note: there is no guarantee we will publish a review of your music or news release. We receive requests every day and do what we can to publish all that we can. That being said, here’s what to do:
- Please send all submissions to news[at]riffrelevant.com
- Include an EPK or all relevant information about your music – tell us who you are, music style, band member names, etc. (If you send an email with “hey, check this out!” & a YouTube link, it will get deleted.)
- Send submissions with links to digitally stream or download your music (Bandcamp codes are helpful). Download links from Dropbox or other file storage are also accepted.
- Do not attach mp3s to an email. Our internet servers may block large file attachments.
- We welcome all physical music format submissions and merch contributions for featured contest giveaways (stickers, patches, buttons, posters, shirts, CDs, vinyl, whatever you’d like to send).
- Please send any physical format submissions to: Riff Relevant c/o L. Ridgeway, P.O. Box 786, Albany, NY 12201-0786 U.S.A.
Any band or label is welcome to a text copy of their published article for their use, all we ask is a site credit. Email request to Leanne[at]riffrelevant.com & include the link to our original article.
Note: Views expressed in Riff Relevant articles are solely those of the credited author. They do not represent the Riff Relevant owner, staff, or website.
Interested in Contributing?
We encourage anyone interested in contributing content to RiffRelevant.com to contact us.
- Contributors must have a clear grasp of the written English language and grammar rules, &/or know their way around a camera. Experience with WordPress is highly advantageous.
- Photographer hobbyists looking to build their portfolio are welcome. No need to write reviews, we have photo-only galleries. Have a decent digital camera and take clear, high-resolution photographs.
- Contribute in some form once per month. Don’t be a flake. If you want to do this, do it. If you don’t know for sure, don’t. We don’t expect experts, just be relatively sane with a passion for heavy music.
- Looking to schmooze & ‘hook up’ with band members (or entire bands), & get tons of free concert tickets? You’re in the wrong place.
- Still interested? Send an email with your writing or photo samples (links to credited works are fine) to Leanne[at]riffrelevant.com
Copyrighted Material Policy:
There are ‘share’ buttons at the end of every article. If you wish to share, please use these to link the original article. Share away.
RiffRelevant.com does not allow reproduction of any content without express written permission from the owner of this site. Unless you are the band, label, or other organization mentioned in an article, you do not have permission to reproduce any content. Ask first, we’re pretty cordial folks.
RiffRelevant.com does not knowingly violate copyright laws. If you are the copyright holder of a work of music or art / photo included on the site, please email us the specific file name and source credit. We will either correct the credited source, or remove the file in question.
Advertising / Sponsorship:
RiffRelevant.com does not advertise for any third-party company or organization at this time. Any images for events or other external links that you see on the site are either recommended music friends or events that Riff Relevant directly sponsors. If interested in collaboration for your heavy music event, please email your sponsorship opportunities to Leanne[at]riffrelevant.com.