Contact: news[at]riffrelevant.com for ALL – press releases, music promos, news, interview or other requests.
You can also submit through our CONTACT PAGE
Staff Writers & Contributors:
- Pat ‘Riot’ Whitaker, Senior Writer/Journalist / view all articles
- Brian Halsey / view all articles
- David ‘Sunshine’ LaMay / view all articles
- Taylor D. Waring / view all articles
- Kira Schlecter
- Brendan Burns
- Santiago Gutierrez
- Jeremy Keller
- Tyler Smith
- Damon ‘Gravitoyd’ Caraway
- Shaun Katz
- John Gist
Note: Views expressed in any Riff Relevant article are solely those of the credited writer. They are not representative opinions of the Riff Relevant owner, all staff, or this website.
Music Promos / Mailings / Submissions:
All heavy music artists, labels, PR firms, or other representatives are welcome to send their music or news updates to the site. Please note: there is no guarantee we will publish a review of your music or your news release. We receive many requests every day and do what we can to publish all that we can. That being said, here’s what you should do:
- – Please send all submissions to news[at]riffrelevant.com
- – Please include your EPK & all relevant information about your music – tell us who you are, what music style, band member names, etc. (If you just send an email with “hey, check this out!” & a YouTube video link, it will get deleted. We do all this for free, you can at least put a little effort into making us want to listen to your music.)
- – Please send submissions with link(s) to digitally stream or download your music (i.e. Bandcamp, Facebook, official website, etc.). Download links from your Dropbox or other file storage are also accepted.
- – Do not attach mp3s to an email. Our internet servers may block large file attachments.
- – We do welcome all physical music format submissions (cds or vinyl records) and merch contributions for featured contest giveaways (stickers, patches, buttons, posters, cassettes, etc.).
- – Once your submission is sent, please do not send multiple messages asking when or if we will publish a review. Harassing the staff is a surefire way to get your submission ignored. We’re doing all we can, we appreciate your patience.
- – Please send all physical formats to: Leanne Ridgeway c/o Riff Relevant, P.O. Box 786, Albany, NY 12201-0786
Any featured band or artist is welcome to a text copy of their published music review for use in their EPK or website. All we ask is that you credit our site with the review. Please email a request to Leanne[at]riffrelevant.com & include the URL of our original article.
Interested in Contributing?
We encourage anyone interested in contributing content to RiffRelevant.com to contact us.
- – Our content contributors must have a coherent grasp of the written English language and grammar rules, &/or know their way around a camera. Experience with WordPress is highly advantageous.
- – We don’t expect experts in any music style or the music industry itself, just be relatively sane & straightforward with a passion for heavy music. All we ask is that you contribute in some form once per month.
- – Photographer hobbyists looking to gain experience are also welcome. Simply have a decent digital camera, a good eye, and take clear, high-resolution photographs.
- – There are perks, but if you’re looking to schmooze or ‘hook up’ with bands, get tons of free concert tickets, or get close to label execs, you’re in the wrong place. We do this because we love heavy music. Period.
- – Don’t be a flake. If you want to do this, do it. If you don’t really want to, don’t say you do. We won’t judge you for deciding you don’t want to. We will judge you for lying about it.
- – Still interested? Please send an email with your writing or photo samples (links to credited works are fine) to Leanne[at]riffrelevant.com
Copyrighted Material Policy:
There are ‘share’ buttons available at the end of every article we publish. You are welcome to use these to link the original article on your various media outlets. RiffRelevant.com does *not* allow reproduction of any content without express written permission from the owner of this site.
Unless you are the band, label, or other organization mentioned in an article, you do not have permission to reproduce any content. Ask first, we’re pretty cordial folks. Thank you!
RiffRelevant.com does not knowingly violate copyright laws. If you are, or represent, the copyright holder of a work of music or art / photo we have included on the site, please email us the specific file name and source credit. We will either correct the credited source, or remove / replace the file in question.
Advertising / Sponsorship:
RiffRelevant.com does not advertise for any third-party company or organization at this time. Any images for events or other external links that you see on the site are either recommended music friends or featured events that Riff Relevant directly sponsors. If interested in our collaboration with your heavy music event, please send an email with your sponsorship opportunities to Leanne[at]riffrelevant.com.