(By Leanne Ridgeway, Owner/Chief Editor, RiffRelevant.com)
American Weed Rockers WASTED THEORY hit the highway again, announcing U.S. Tour dates for 2018, including their first sky-way trek to California for a hazy ‘Stoned On Both Coasts” year of performances.
The Mid-Atlantic quartet is touring to support their recent signing with Italy’s Argonauta Records and the ‘2017 Edition’ reissue of Defenders Of The Riff, their second full-length album. The 2017 reissue now includes two previously unreleased bonus tracks.
The Stoned On Both Coasts Tour is gearing up to fly high throughout Northern California in March, and these four heathens of the heavy rock apocalypse will blaze through 12 states and 20+ cities. This is their first time performing on the West Coast, and are in good company with four dates in Northern California along with ZED and KOOK, plus special guests at select shows. All dates and event links (where available) are below!
Wasted Theory will also perform at two special festival appearances – April 20th for the inaugural New England Stoner & Doom Festival in Connecticut, as well as the Stoned To Death 3 Festival in Vermont on May 26th.
While the original 2016 release of ‘Defenders Of The Riff‘ drove the underground heavy music world into whiskey fits of doom, this ‘2017 Edition’ reissue now includes two previously unreleased bonus tracks.
With an anthemic cover of ‘Rockin’ is Ma’ Business” (the 1991 epitome of heavy rock from The Four Horseman, also covered by Alabama Thunderpussy in 1999), and a thoroughly invigorated rendition of the 1975 Nazareth classic “Changin’ Times“, adding these two powerhouse songs to the already 10-track, grit-packed punch of Defenders Of The Riff brings the album to an even dirtier dozen.
‘Defenders of the Riff’ was written by Wasted Theory, with lyrics by Brendan Burns. The album was recorded and engineered by Paul Janocha at Ken-Del Studios (Wilmington, DE); as well as recorded, engineered, produced and mixed by Nick Rotundo at Clay Creek Studio (Bear, DE). Mastering done by Tony Reed at HeavyHead Recording Company. Artwork by Alexander von Weiding.
Wasted Theory is:
- Larry Jackson, Jr. – Guitar/Vocals
- Brendan Burns – Drums
- Andrew Petkovic – Rhythm Guitar
- Rob Michael – Bass
Wasted Theory ‘Stoned On Both Coasts’ Tour:
(click date for event info where available)
- 03/21 – Pacifica, CA @ Winter’s Tavern (w/ZED, Kook)
- 03/22 – Oakland, CA @ The Golden Bull (w/ZED, Kook, Sabbath Buddy Sabbath)
- 03/23 – San Jose, CA @ Caravan Lounge (w/ZED, Kook, Crimson Eye, Holy Grove
- 03/24 – Sacramento, CA @ On The Y (w/ZED, Kook)
- 04/19 – Philadelphia, PA @ Century Bar (w/Horehound, Void King)
- 04/20 – Jewett City, CT @ Altone’s – New England Stoner & Doom Festival
- 04/ 21 – Brooklyn, NY @ Saint Vitus Bar (Matinee! w/Lord Fowl, Cortez, Void King)
- 05/25 – New Jersey @ TBD
- 05/26 – Brattleboro, VT @ The Stone Church – Stoned To Death 3 Festival
- 06/08 – Bethlehem, PA @ Funhouse South Side (w/Goat Wizard)
- 06/09 – Scranton, PA @ Irish Wolf Pub (w/Goat Wizard)
- 07/07 – Kingston, NY @ The Anchor (w/Shadow Witch)
- 08/24 – Washington DC @ Atlas Brew Works
- 08/25 – Frederick, MD @ Guido’s Speakeasy
- 09/ 13 – Wheeling, WV @ TBD
- 09/14 – Columbus, OH @ Victory’s Live (w/Wolftooth)
- 09/15 – Indianapolis IN @ Indiana City Beer (w/Wolftooth)
- 09/16 – Louisville, KY @ Magbar (w/Wolftooth)
- 10/11 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Howler’s
- 10/12 – Detroit, MI @ New Dodge Lounge
- 10/13 – Ohio @ TBD
Find Wasted Theory on: www.AmericanWeedRock.com
Find Riff Relevant articles with Wasted Theory [here].
Wasted Theory Tour/Event Posters: