(By Leanne Ridgeway, Owner/Chief Editor, RiffRelevant.com)
Austin, Texas trio Greenbeard has been announced as an Official Music Showcase Performing Artist for South By Southwest 2018. The band will also embark on a sixteen date “Winter Tour 2017″ beginning next week on November 4th, in support of their recent Lödarödböl release.
Greenbeard is a desert rock trio created in 2014, gathering a sonic sound of early British heavy metal, psychedelia, desert guitar riffs, and stoner rock. Chance Parker (guitar and vocals), Dan Alvarez (bass), and Buddy Hachar (drums) have earned their respective musical belt-notches from well-received performances supporting major tours and large-scale festivals.
Each live show is a sincere display of mesmerizing grooves bathed in contagious high energy. You can just ask our Riff Relevant Staff Writer Damon ‘Gravitoyd’ and check out his review here.
With relentless effort to continue a steady build of their already healthy fan base, Greenbeard has created a loyal following from their dynamic stage interactions with heavy music audiences across the United States, performing at the Northwest Hesh Fest and Psycho Las Vegas 2016, among others.
Greenbeard’s discography includes a self-titled EP and two full-length album offerings. Most recently, Greenbeard unleashed their latest album, “Lödarödböl“, in July 2017.
With brilliant artwork by Antoine Defarges of Head Bang Design, the record was produced, mixed, and engineered in Seattle, Washington with Matt Bayles at Red Room Recording and mastered by Ed Brooks at Resonant Mastering.
This sophomore full-length album is available for purchase via Sailor Records and digital download on Amazon, as well as CD, limited edition, 180 gram vinyl pressing, digital download and full-stream Greenbeard‘s Bandcamp page. You can stream Lödarödböl in full below.
Greenbeard was confirmed earlier this month as one of the first wave music artist selections announced as an Official Showcase performing artist for South By Southwest Music Festival 2018 (SXSW).
This will be a third performance for Greenbeard in a SXSW related music showcase, after their appearance in Sailor Records SXSW Showcase in March of this year, as well as the Heavy Metal Parking Lot SXSW in 2016.
Next year’s full SXSW 2018 events will take place from March 9th-18th in Austin, with the Music Festival performances happening the week of March 12th – 18th.
Still primed with adrenaline from their recent Denver, Colorado set at the Electric Funeral Fest in June, Stoned Meadow Of Doom Fest last month, and just this past weekend at the very successful, Houston, Texas End Hip End It Music Festival Benefit for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts, Greenbeard has announced their WINTER TOUR 2017.
Supporting their Lödarödböl release, the tour kicks off on Saturday, November 4th, and runs for three weeks until November 22nd. The gents will be trekking through seven states and two countries, with 16 confirmed dates in the U.S. and Mexico. You can find all the dates and info links below, along with the official tour poster. Click the venue name on each date for more details.
Lödarödböl Winter Tour ’17
- 11/04/17 – Austin, TX – Swan Dive (w/Great Electric Quest, Amplified Heat, Billy King & The Bad Bad Bad)
- 11/05/17 – Dallas, TX – Gas Monkey Dallas (w/Great Electric Quest, Royal Sons, Orcanaut)
- 11/07/17 – Denver, CO – The Squire Lounge
- 11/09/17 – Portland, OR – Kenton Club (w/Mountain Tamer, Phantom High, Stoner)
- 11/10/17 – Grant’s Pass, OR – The Haul
- 11/11/17 – Concord, CA – Vinnie’s Bar And Grill (w/The Watchers, Blackwulf, Gypsy Flight)
- 11/12/17 – Fullerton, CA – The Continental Room (w/Lords Of Beacon House)
- 11/13/17 – Oceanside, CA – Pour House Oceanside (w/Red Wizard)
- 11/15/17 – San Diego, CA – Til-Two Club (w/Amplified Heat)
- 11/16/17 – Las Vegas, NV – Beauty Bar Las Vegas (w/War Cloud, Mountain Tamer, Sonolith)
- 11/17/17 – Tempe, AZ – Yucca Tap Room (w/Great Electric Quest, Red Wizard, Stone Witch, Old Fashion Assassin, Dead Canyon)
- 11/18/17 – Albuquerque, NM – Secret Show
- 11/19/17 – Ciudad Juárez, MX – Pata de Perro Juarez
- 11/20/17 – El Paso, TX – Boomtown Neon Rose
- 11/21/17 – Marfa, TX – Lost Horse Saloon
- 11/22/17 – San Antonio, TX – Limelight
More info on Greenbeard: